Music of Oz Offers
Private and Small Group Lessons
Lessons are one hour in length and occur every other week.
We supply the paints, brushes and canvas used for art work.
The instructor may require a student to obtain a sketch book.
Students will learn in acrylics, oil, and sketching.
Students Will Learn
- A working concept of what it means to be an artist and create paintings.
- Principles of traditional painting skills.
- About different types of brushes and brush techniques.
- About oil vs. acrylic paints.
- About the color wheel and mixing paints.
- About shading and color perspective.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need experience to take the class?
There are no pre-requisites for these lessons as they are designed for all levels of drawing and painting experience.
Will artists of all different levels enjoy this class?
Absolutely, the exercises and lessons can help the experienced artist and the beginner develop new or improved painting techniques.
Do projects carry over from one course to another?
Some work may be completed in one class, but many projects carry over for several lessons.
About Our Instructor
Ruth is a life-long artist who enjoys working in acrylics and oils. Ruth is able to customize to the desires and abilities of the student as she constantly pushes them in new directions. She loves working with wood and paint together.
Private lessons at Music of Oz Studio cost $70 in monthly tuition.
We accept cash and checks only.
By signing this statement, you are demonstrating your understanding and agreement to abide by studio payment policies and procedures.
- Art students have two one-hour lessons each month.
- Art supplies are included in your lessons; however, a student may be asked to purchase a sketchbook.
- Monthly tuition is due at the first scheduled lesson of each month.
- Cancellations made by the student cannot be credited. There may be a chance to trade to another time, but this is not guaranteed.
- A late fee of $5 will be assessed to any tuition that is not paid on or before the 15th of the month.
- Schedule changes must be made through the office manager. Teachers do not establish their own schedules.
There is a $20 charge assessed to any returned checks.